I love to celebrate…it doesn’t matter the occasion or season! Before we had the girls, I dragged Austin along with all of my holiday traditions and thankfully, he was a good sport about it. Now he even looks forward to them:) This year though, my little traditions seem even more exciting because we have the girls to share them with.
A few of my fall traditions include….
- Burning a fall candle, even if it is still 85 degrees out.
- Visiting the pumpkin patch and picking out at least one crazy pumpkin.
- Pumpkin carving complete with pumpkin seed roasting.
- Taking a picture involving fall leaves
- Pulling out the fall table runner and baking pumpkin bread.
- A walk or hike to see the leaves changing.
- NOT listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. You can’t cut fall short.
Hats: North Face | Overalls: Carter’s, Similar, Similar | Bodysuit: Gap, Similar
Right up the road from our house, there is an adorable pumpkin patch that benefits Habitat for Humanity. We walked up there with the girls to check it out, and it did not disappoint. The girls were just too cute in their overalls and trucker hats. These are complete Austin outfits, and I could not love them more. Ever since I became pregnant, he has been excited about the girls wearing overalls. We both love our Patagonia hats and when he found these little North Face ones, he could not help but get them for the girls. Now I admit they are more than we would normally spend on a baby hat, but they are so cute and the girls love wearing their hats backwards like Daddy, so it was money well spent.
I think I may have to add wearing overalls and trucker hats to the pumpkin patch as a new fall tradition (for as long as the girls still let me dress them).